So my trip consisted of driving up with my wonderful cousin Carly (who is probably the best person I know) and her boyfriend, helping out with my cousin Mallory's reception, going to the reception, going to the wedding (my first sealing since mine!), going to the luncheon, going to my other cousin Sarah's Junior Miss Pageant, then being sent home to my husband to take care of me. I had a wonderful, wonderful time. I haven't gotten to hang out with my mom's side of the family a whole lot since we grew up in South Carolina, so it was so wonderful spending time with all of them. I had a lot of really good moments when I was there, strong faith moments and what not and I finally realized that I really want to be a stay-at-home mom. Shocking, I know. (But I'm still getting my Masters!!)
So now, the pictures (sorry I'm not doing this more creatively :-P). All of the pictures of the reception are purely for my mom's benefit, since she did not get to be there. PS--the black and white table cloths on the tables at the reception were almost identical to the table runners at my reception. Basically, my mom and her sister Michelle have the same (very good) taste.
The backdrop at the reception. This is at the end of the night: the garland and lights were not falling off like that the whole night.
My grandma and aunt Michelle.
My cousin Becca and her boyfriend Nicholas. He drove from Cananda to be there (his mom and Michelle were roommates in college). He brought Canadian chocolate: it's really good!
The candy table... or rather, half of it. On the other side were apothecary jars filled with white chocolate popcorn, caramel popcorn, and cinnamon popcorn. Mmmm, yummy.
The guest book table. In case you haven't noticed, the colors were black, red, and white.
A table with pictures of the couple and Mal's bridals.
My grandma doesn't like pictures being taken of her. I'm not sure why.
My cousin Carly and her boyfriend Ben. She's so awesome and one of my favorite dressers. These were the bridesmaid dresses and they all wore red shoes and jewelry. Very cute!
The table centerpieces.
A close up of the table cloth. It's a weird angle, sorry!
My uncle John, uncle Mike, cousin Taylor, and uncle Brett. I was just trying to show the lights overhead.
Here's a better picture of the lights. It felt like "stars on a dark night."
The cake table. They didn't do food or a wedding cake, just lots of different round/bundt cakes. Very yummy cakes.
The glowing bride outside of the temple. The Rexburg temple is so beautiful! Mallory was so beautiful too and her dress was very pretty. Taffeta: great choice. ;)
Mal looks beautiful, and I look ... like my hair is flat and way too long.
This picture is especially for my mom, from Michelle.
This is my cousin Sammy. Michelle and Brad adopted him when he was a newborn. They have 5 very girl girls, and now this crazy very-much-a-boy boy. He got really mad at me for taking this picture. Typical 6 year old, I guess.
Sarah after her pageant. Her dress was so cute! And I'm not just saying this because I'm her cousin, but she really should have won. She had the most personality on stage, she was the cutest, and she's got an amazing voice. But she didn't mind, so it was not a huge deal.
What can I say, I love my family!!

2 comments:
It looks like everything turned out wonderfully. I wish we could have been there.
I hope you are feeling better! You look so pretty in all these pics :)
Post a Comment