Monday, May 5, 2008

I wish I were (back) in Dixie

Well, after a last minute, week long trip to Charleston, I'm back in Provo (and back blogging again). The circumstances for the trip were sad (for Papa's funeral) but we had a great time being with the whole family. It felt like I was home for the summer, so it was kind of a bummer to come back to Utah. Things I'll miss about being home:

-Playing board games with my parents and siblings multiple times a week;

-Chou chou;

-My hair, skin, and sinuses not being dry, for once, thanks to the humidity;

-Charleston;

-Playing DDR and Guitar Hero with my siblings;

-Walking on the Battery in the evening with the family;

-My mom's cooking. Oh my. So flippin' good;

-Just sitting around and talking and completely enjoying it;

-How green Charleston is;

-Playing the piano for my sisters as they sing and sometimes joining in (usually as the Phantom, Shatner-style);

-The smell of Charleston;

-The beach;

-Locusts buzzing in the evening;

-Sitting in the kitchen and talking with my mom while she cooks;

-Singing old Southern spirituals ("Down to the River", "Swing Low Sweet Chariot", "Go Tell it on the Mountain", "Cotton Fields");

-Chris!;

-Staying up till 2 am with my siblings, all of us completely punch drunk and slap happy, playing What If;

-Belting out Spice Girls and Rent songs with Caroline;

-Trips to Sonic!;

-Driving over bridges, under canopies of oak trees, through the narrow streets of downtown Charleston;

-AMAZING food like Hometeam BBQ, Boulevard Diner, and Andolini's Pizza. Mm mm good!;

-Watching Chris dote on Kurt. He calls him Dirt and whenever he hasn't seen Kurt in a while, he starts walking around the house calling, "Dirt!";

-Just being with my family. That's the best part.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh, we miss Charleston already, too. I loved seeing you and Kurt, and I know that Chris and Ryan did, too. We love you so much and hope that you can come visit this summer. That would be sweet, and I would try to serve filet mignon and juice, of course.

Anonymous said...

K - it was so sad to have you come, so great to have you here!! We are eternally grateful that a kind and loving Heavenly Father sent Dirt to you. It is a joy to see how much in love you are!!!

Thanks for being such a delightful daughter!!!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

K - it was so sad to have you come, so great to have you here!! We are eternally grateful that a kind and loving Heavenly Father sent Dirt to you. It is a joy to see how much in love you are!!!

Thanks for being such a delightful daughter!!!!!

Dad

Michelle C said...

Hey Kristina-
I didn't know you had a blog you stinker. Fun to see. I hear you on missing things in Charleston. Eventhough I've never been a "resident", still miss a lot of those same things! It was fun to see your family there.