Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nebo with Nick

Kurt hiked Mt. Nebo with his buddy Nick. I'll let him blog about it, but I wanted to get the pics up here.




Kurt says, "It was a great hike. It was longer than it was supposed to be. Ummm, how long was it? It was 20 miles round trip, ended up hitting all three summits on Nebo. And umm, it got kinda sketchy going from the south summit to the middle and north summits. When we got to the north (true) summit, we sat there for a while and eventually a hiker came up from the opposite direction we just came. It was this older guy and he asked, 'How did you guys get up here?' and we told him we'd come from the south summit and he said, 'Whoa, I did that when I was younger and I almost died. It's pretty hairy. Yeah, there's a trail from the north and it's a lot shorter and you can gain a lot less elevation.'"
When he got back, he met Allison and me at a sushi place on Center St. in Provo, where he was surprised to find that it was Allison and me on the date together, not him and me.

No comments: