Monday, September 22, 2008

Quirky and weird are two very different things.

Allison tagged me to blog about 6 things that make me quirky:
1. I like to think that I am quirky. I take pride in it. Every now and then I begin to think that maybe I am not, in fact, quirky, at which point I ask someone, usually Kurt, if I'm quirky. When they say yes, I say, "Really? Or are you just saying that?"
2. I have a bad habit of talking to myself. Not conversations, but I randomly say stuff out loud. Like, if I'm thinking about something that made me mad and that I can't someone did, I'll say, "I know right!" Or, I'll read something or think of something and say it loud just to hear what it says. Or I'll see something on tv and say, "Well that's bizarre, isn't it." Kurt has learned that just because I'm talking, doesn't mean he needs to respond.
3. I'm slightly obsessed with numbers. Whenever I hear music I tap out the syllables of the lyrics in twos, to see if there are an even number of syllables in the entire song. Another thing I do is count the letters in words and sentences in groups of three, then those in groups of twelve. I like it when they fit into three's. I love it when they fit into twelve's. I do these two things a lot.
4. I love to eat folded-over chips. I'll dig through an entire bag of potato chips, trying to find the ones that are folded. Kurt now gives them to me every time he finds one.
5. I often imagine entire conversations in my head. They may be future conversations, that will actually happen, or they may be hypothetical, what me and my ex-boyfriend would say when we run into each in 10 years, for instance. I also compose entire blog posts in my head. I did it for this one.
6. I have very imaginative dreams. My dreams are rarely me doing something ordinary. I often dream that I am another person, sometimes even a man. Sometimes I'm not even in the dream, but I'm watching it like a movie. Sometimes when I have a particular detailed dream, I wake up wanting to write it down as an exercise. I haven't done that yet because I usually lie in bed and continue it in my mind, and by the time I get up I've lost that desire to write.

So there you have it. 6 weird things about me. :D

1 comment:

Debbie said...

hehehe I absolutely LOVED this post because I realized I do a lot of the same things! I talk to myself, have imaginary conversations and very vivid dreams, and quite often I will be blogging in my head all day and then have to make a post that night of my thoughts. Reading your post made me realize that I am not such a weirdie after all!