Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All Dolled Up

I've got holiday (i.e. Christmas) parties on my mind recently (and apparently center justification as well) because Kurt got an email from his company announcing that the company Christmas party's theme is going to be Black and White. Is it just me, or does every girl (err, woman) dream of having a chance to get all dressed and made up again, just like high school prom? There actually are quite a few pretty modest dresses out there (even though if some styles repeat quite often) but not many that are within my budget, which is $100. So far I've looked at a bridal shop (Abella), Macy's, Nordstrom's, Dillard's, and JC Penny's. Any other ideas?

Actually under my budget:
You'll actually see this dress again in the expensive area. The reason I included it is because I like the more expensive color more. Figures. But I love the buttons and wide belt on this dress.

You'll see lots of blue and black. That's because those are the most dominant colors for winter cocktail dresses. Figures.


Out of my Budget: and I like most of these dresses more than the cheap ones. Figures.
Love the color! Love the tulle under skirt!



I think this is my favorite of the Abella dresses. I like it in just the black and cream.

This dress is positively gorgeous in dark red; it has a black over-sheen to it.

This dress is so freaking fun!



I don't know if it's really party worthy but I'd love this dress for the office!

Yet another shirt wrap dress. Good thing I like them.


Mmm, red.

See, here's that first dress is this dreamy navy blue. Love it.


This dress is actually a bit low in the back, but you could remedy that with a cute camisole.

If all else fails, I'll just take this girl's outfit for inspiration and wearing a trash bag. Apparently looking derelict is in vogue once again...

Actually, the other day while shopping at Express I found this skirt in red and thought it would very cute with a sleek black turtle neck (maybe short sleeves), black hose, black pumps, and some dynamite earrings. The skirt will probably go on sale before Christmas and black turtlenecks aren't difficult to find for cheap. What do y'all think?

3 comments:

Bridal, Prom, and Maids said...

Hey Kristina,

We actually have that short dress that you like (pictured in the celery green) discounted to 60% off. But we only have it in the cranberry in a size 8, 10, & 12 left.

Let me know if you want it and I'll pull it for you.

- Jaime

Stein Momma said...

Hey Kristina,

I actually bought the first dress on your list. The double breasted grey one. I wore it to a party. I highly recommend that one. CUTE! CUTE! SEXY! SEXY! Ha ha
Love your Aunt Jodi

Jill and Paul said...

this was such a fun post! loved the dresses! my only suggestion, from a bargain shopper, is that i would get something that will be reusable for a while. so youre able to wear it to church, receptions, so if its a more simple dress, you can dress it up with some "dynamite earings" or dress it down! there you go, but i love all of them, except for the trash bag! make sure to show us what you get!