Cute, huh? I planned it.
I have to say, I had a pretty awesome birthday. The morning started as usual: I woke up and went to work. Kurt was slightly conscious when I left (he had this whole week off for CPA studying) and forgot to tell me happy birthday. So, when I was at work I casually hinted that he did.
Me: "Ummm.... You forgot to tell me happy birthday this morning."
Kurt: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Me: "Thanks.... but you're still in trouble."
I also casually let my boss know it was my birthday.
Joe: "So are y'all doing anything fun with your mother-in-law today?" (Kurt's mom was here from Sunday night to this morning.)
Me: "Well, it was her birthday yesterday and it's mine today, so we'll probably go out to eat somewhere fun tonight."
Joe: "It's your birthday? Happy Birthday! Hey, when you finish your work, why don't you take the day off? And also, there's a sweet sushi restaurant by DU y'all should go to."
So, I left around 11 and got home ... to an empty apartment. I figured Kurt was showing his mom around and decided to enjoy some time by myself. When he got home an hour later, he had flowers and a card in his hand.
Kurt: "Where were you? We went to your office to surprise you!"
Me: [thinking to myself] Hmmm, maybe I should've texted him to let him know I got early. Whoopsie.
We went to Sushi Den up by DU which was most delicious. Or, as the Japanese would say, "Sushi wa totemo oishii desu yo!!" Then we went pots and pans shopping because that's what Shelley's getting us (or rather, got us) for Christmas. Have you ever been shopping with Kurt? Can I please say that is an experience? I mean, it's fun and he never makes an uninformed purchase, but goodness that boy has to know everything about his purchases! (Obviously, this is a very good trait that I'm thankful for. But sometimes it tires me.)
As we headed out of the mall, I insisted on getting my birthday ice cream from DQ. Then we went home, at which point Kurt announced that he was taking us to the Melting Pot for cheese and chocolate fondue. Now, I was really excited because I've been subtly hinting to Kurt since we got married that he needs to take me there (there's one in SLC, too).
Me every few months or so: "You should take me to the Melting Pot."
I am the master of subtlety.
Before we left for the ol' MP, as I like to call it, we Skyped with my family. I'd already received emails and phone calls from various members of the family but I had yet to hear my family sing the Happy Birthday song Cooper style. What's Cooper style? It's everyone picking their own key (or 2 or 3 keys) and singing it as ugly as possible. Kurt even joined in. And about 20 minutes later, Chris sang it for me again. I even got to tease Chou chou as I called out for her and she could hear me but she just couldn't see me! A successful Skype session. (And Shelley got the pleasure of seeing how crazy my family is.)
At the Melting Pot, the fondue was very delicious and our waiter a bumbling, good sport who gave us much fodder with which to tease him but was very good natured about it. Then, we went to the local redbox, where they finally had Wall-E and rented it and watched it and it was as good as everyone says. Then, on Tuesday morning--because I didn't get to on my birthday--Kurt let me sleep in till 8:45.
So, I got my birthday flowers, my birthday sushi, my birthday ice cream, my birthday Skype, my birthday fondue, and my birthday movie. Kurt was so wonderful in making sure my birthday was really special. Have I ever mentioned that I really love him?
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I am glad Kurt took care of you properly :)
Hooray for the birthday girl! You are so cute. That's a fun filled birthday if I do say so myself. How does it feel to be 24? I hope it feels good because you guys are living in style in awesome Denver! WE miss you!!
Post a Comment