Wednesday, November 19, 2008

They were all YELLOW

My favorite song by Coldplay.
My favorite song of all time. Period.
Love love love this song. It reminds me of warm, sunny spring break days in high school on James Island.
It reminds me of happy days at college with friends.
It reminds me unhappy days at college when I listened to it and instantly felt better.
It reminds me of Kurt.
I honestly couldn't put it words how this song makes me feel and how I feel about it. (Or how excited I am to hear it LIVE.)
Without further ado, "Yellow" by Coldplay.

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.
I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do,
And it was called Yellow.
So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done,
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
You know, you know I love you so,
You know I love you so.
I swam across,
I jumped across for you,
Oh what a thing to do.
'Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line,
I drew a line for you,
Oh what a thing to do,
And it was all yellow
Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into something beautiful,
And you know,
For you I'd bleed myself dry
For you I'd bleed myself dry.
It's true, look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine for you,
Look how they shine.
Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

1 comment:

Alisse Baldwin said...

You changed your blog! Where have I been? And I like that you changed John Lennon's lyrics of "Happiness is a warm gun" to a more appropriate "Happiness is being married to your best friend." Too sweet & so, so true. Did we know that we both loved this song? I can't remember if we listened to it together freshman year or not. Sadly, some of my 2003-2004 memories are getting blurry. I'm old.