Hi everyone,
so I'm in a reading slump, kind of on purpose (because when I read lately I get obsessed and that's all I do with my free time). I'm wanting to read more classics. So I'm doing a twist on the suggested reading post. What are classics that you suggest I read? Here are some I've read that are my favorites:
Age of Innocence
Count of Monte Cristo
The Stranger
A Tale of Two Cities
My Antonia
Grapes of Wrath (actually, I've read a very large portion of Steinbeck's novels... about 4 or 5)
So any suggestions? I'm open to anything considered a classic--Hugo, Cather, Shakespeare, Milton, Dickens, etc. Thanks!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
christmas carol by charles dickens for the season. :)
Tess of the Dubervilles or of course the classic Jane Eyer.
Mmm...I love books. And I'm glad you're a Steinbeck fan, because that was the first thing that came to my mind.
Here goes:
Invisible Man--Ellison
My Name is Asher Lev--Potok (I consider this a classic)
Peter Pan--Barrie (seriously)
The Picture of Dorian Gray--Wilde
Huck Finn--Twain
Things Fall Apart--Achebe
Mr. Sammler's Planet--Bellow
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man--Joyce
The Good Earth--Buck
The Remains of the Day--Ishiguro
Best of luck. I'll be checking this for others' suggestions!
Cry, the Beloved Country
Slaughterhouse 5
Catch-22
Crime and Punishment
The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
Post a Comment