Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions Schmesolutions

So, I don't like resolutions. I think it's the anticipated failure that comes with them.
I like goals, instead.

I don't have a ton for the year, but mostly for my month. I plan on posting my monthly goals at the beginning of every month.
However, I do have a few for 2009:
-> Buy a house
-> Buy a dog
-> Do volunteer editing work at a high school or college by the end of the year
-> Eat healthier. I mean, I already eat pretty healthily but I seriously need to cut out my sugar intake. :D
-> Be better about my cleaning regimen
-> Edit my posts before posting them
-> Stop picking at my face and nails :(
-> Continue my awesomeness

My January '09 Goals:
-> Finish Kurt's scarf I'm knitting
-> Write, write, write. Specifically, work on my YA fantasy series idea
-> Print my blog into a book (2007-08 posts; I plan on doing it yearly)
-> Read The Ensign cover to cover
-> Read Catch 22. I've decided I'm going to limit myself to one book a month. That way I'll actually live life, rather than just spend all my time reading.
-> Gym it up at least 5 days a week, preferably 6
-> Get half way through my editing text book
-> Make my own custom blog layout

These goals should help get rid of that flat feeling.

Immagine da qui.

1 comment:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Guess what? I had the goal to print my blog before school starts again in a few weeks, so I went to start it in December. But blurb.com NO LONGER ACCEPTS BLOGGER!!! I'm so ticked. There's a few other websites like blog2print.com or something, but I haven't heard of anyone using them, so I don't know how good or bad they are. Plus, they only allow 350 pictures per book, which is like a month for me. Uggh! Let me know if you figure something else out, k? Thanks!