Last night Kurt went grocery shopping with me. (This shows how crummy I've been feeling. I usually do my weekly grocery shopping on Monday afternoons after work.) As we perused the aisles of our local, magical Safeway, we came upon the kitchen ware section. Our Safeway is seriously sweet--they have a huge organic section with grind your own variety nut butters--and the stuff they carry for kitchen and dinner ware is really good stuff. I immediately fell in love with the black and white Bia dinner collection; specifically, the serving bowl that I thought would make the perfect center piece for our table (my kitchen colors are black and lime/grass green). After drooling over the bowl, I set it down and continued on my way. Kurt, following behind me, picked up the bowl.
"You want it?" he said.
"Yeah, it's perfect and I love the toile-ish pattern. But it's ok," I said. 'It's ok' is my way of passing up on everything I want, basically.
"You should get it," he insisted.
I tried to be good and say no, but he was so insistent that I eventually gave in. Kurt does this a lot. When he sees something I love but pass on, he insists I get it. Every time I've looked at my table today and seen the beautiful bowl, I'm reminded of how much Kurt loves and how well he knows me.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I want to know how you made this background!! I love it. How did you get the cute header. Help me! Also I hope you are feeling better and that you were able to make up your mind about Zumba.
Post a Comment