Friday, March 27, 2009

Modestia Couture 2009

Presenting Abella Bridal's 2009 Collection in its entirety along with my commentary.
(Last year I only did my favorites because I was commenting on 2 years' collections.)
I know you've been waiting anxiously for it.
Actually, I was waiting to see the pics for the longest time. But I love bridal gowns and I used to work there, so that might have something to do with it.
First off, if you thought last year's names were weird, then wait till you've seen this year. And I have to say, this year's collection was a bit of a disappointment. I think she tried experimenting too much or strove for haute couture or something. A lot of dresses are almost there but not quite, in my eyes. That isn't to say I hate them. I like most of them. But there are few I love.

Addison. Kind of harks back to the 80s with the lace fringe on the bottom of the skirt, but overall I like it. It's a classic.

Caprice. This one is kind of funky, but I like it. And it's taffeta. Ooooh, taffeta.

Cate. The lace on this is called burn-out lace. It's stunning.

Demi. I like this one too. The crystals on the bust are quite pretty when you see them up close. It's funny--she's going back to the natural waist line more than the last 2 years, when nearly all of her waistlines were dropped. I'm lucky I got married when I did, because I DO not look good in a natural waist.

Evan. Is a boy's name. Whatever. I think I would love this dress except for the almost-keyhole neckline. Instead, I can't decide if I do or not.

Falon. It's pretty, but ok.

Gabriella. Simply stunning. I love the subtle long gathered detail on the left side of the skirt at the bottom. Another burn-out lace dress.

Holland. I really like this one. Dropped waist and gathered skirt? Yes please.

Ivie. I absolutely adore rolled hems. I like the v-neck too.

Jemma. Generally I like it. I think the bow/tie thing is too big and distracting. But it (the dress) is nothing special to me.

Landri. Just no. No, no, no.

Maddox. Is my nephew's name. I really like this one. I thought I wouldn't, but the rolled hem is nice, as is the ruched waist, and the smooth upper bust. Yes, I like it.

Odette. I can't decide if I like this one. I start to, but then the skirt looks like a fuzzy sweater and I hate it.

Piper. It's ok.

Portia. Classic. Elegant. Beautiful.

Sage. I like this one. It reminds me of a Walker's Bridal dress they were selling the past two years, but much better executed. It's different but not weird.

Scarlett. The skirt is gorgeous. The texture on the bust is nice. The neckline? Ugh. It's just too weird for me.

Seraphine. This is my absolute favorite this year. I love love love the skirt. I love the bust. It's made of taffeta. It actually reminds me of my wedding dress, lol. But I can't say enough how much I love this dress.

Waverly. Are the 90s coming back? I hope not. This dress seems an ominous omen, though.

2 comments:

Ang said...

What gorgeous wedding dresses! Wow!! And girl, I love your blog layout. How did you design it? I miss you chica!!

Michelle C said...

Just catching up on your blog. Love the dresses. You're a funny girl. It's fun to read up on what's going on with you guys. Love the new look of the blog.