I've been struggling lately with motivation. Meaning I've had hardly any. So the other day I went on an LDS.org search for quotes on mediocrity to get me off my lazy butt. Because, let's face it, that's something I find myself slipping into way too often. (Mediocrity, not my butt. Weird.)
I am so grateful for modern revelation and living scripture. And for the internet for making this inspiring quotes so easy to find. ^_^
If we strive for perfection—the best and greatest—and are never satisfied with mediocrity, we can excel.
-Spencer W. Kimball
Do not settle for mediocrity.
-Ezra Taft Benson
Remember that once you have experienced excellence, you will never again be content with mediocrity.
-Thomas S. Monson
It is stretching our minds and utilizing the skills of our hands that lift us from mediocrity.
-Gordon B. Hinckley
The distance between mediocrity and excellence can be ever so small.
-Gordon B. Hinckley
Men cannot really long rest content with mediocrity once they see excellence is within their reach.
-Thomas S. Monson
There is no place in this world for mediocrity; we need to strive for perfection.
-L. Tom Perry
Our responsibility is to rise from mediocrity to competence, from failure to achievement.
-Thomas S. Monson
To lower your expectations will forever be a stumbling block and will, if repeated in other situations, almost guarantee a life of mediocrity.
All of us are prone to excuse our own mediocre performance.
-Thomas S. Monson
Others can assist or hinder you, but the responsibility is yours and you can make it great, mediocre, or a failure.
-Spencer W. Kimball
As I have dealt with this and other challenges, I have come to realize that it is foolish for me to think I can end up in the same place as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—and that I can live with the Lord again—by exercising little faith or by putting forth mediocre effort.
-Barbara Ann Harris
Pursue excellence With the thousands of choices available, the work of the Latter-day Saint not only needs to be uplifting, but must be excellent to set it apart from the worldly and the mediocre.
-M. Russell Ballard
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You could try reading Gordon B. Hinckley's biography. That made me feel like a good-for-nothing lazy turd (here's this 90 year old man jet-setting around the world and I'm sitting here on my couch all day reading his biography).
ha ha "Megan and Jonny" said it so perfectly. :P Those are all great quotes! Do you feel inspired now?? I bet you do!
Post a Comment