
Apparently that isn't enough to deter me from doing it again. Oh, and upping the mileage.
I am going to try to attempt a Half-Marathon. You heard me. I'm crazy.
Date: September 19, 2009
Race: Autumn Color Run, 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, and 1 mile fun run
Location: Buena Vista, CO (aka, middle of nowhere)
Schedule:
| Week | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat | Sun | Total |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 3 | Rest | 3 | 3 | Rest | 4 | Rest | 13 |
| 2 | 3 | Rest | 3 | 3 | Rest | 4 | Rest | 13 |
| 3 | 3 | Rest | 4 | 3 | Rest | 5 | Rest | 15 |
| 4 | 3 | Rest | 4 | 3 | Rest | 6 | Rest | 16 |
| 5 | 3 | Rest | 5 | 3 | Rest | 8 | Rest | 19 |
| 6 | 3 | Rest | 5 | 3 | Rest | 10 | Rest | 21 |
| 7 | 4 | Rest | 5 | 4 | Rest | 11 | Rest | 24 |
| 8 | 4 | Rest | 6 | 4 | Rest | 12 | Rest | 26 |
| 9 | 4 | Rest | 5 | 4 | Rest | 9 | Rest | 22 |
| 10 | 3 | Rest | 3 | Walk 2 | Rest | 13.1 | Rest | 21.1 |
I will be tweaking this. For instance, today is the beginning of week uno. I seriously don't think I can run 13 miles this week. I haven't been running for a month. So I'm going to run tomorrow, skip Wednesday, and run Thursday and Saturday. We'll see next week if I'll be able to add that 4th day.
I don't have to register for this race for a little bit, so I may end up doing a 10k again. That's ok. I can recognize my weaknesses. But I think doing two 10k's in one summer still ain't bad.
But yeah, I'm slightly off my rocker. Meh.

3 comments:
Yes. Yes you are crazy.
Please don't die of an asthma attack mid-race.
I think it's awesome that you're doing this. And here I am all proud of my pathetic little 5K...
You go girl.
More power to ya!!
Meh. HA ha I love that 'noise?' Anyway, I'm impressed!! Since having a bowling ball for abs, I have been envious of those who can run. But once I have this bowling ball in the form of a crying, laughing baby, I will probably lose motivation to run... I will look to your blog for motivation!! :o) GOOD LUCK!!
Post a Comment