Friday, July 24, 2009

So Just Let Go... And Fall Into It...

L'ho trovato qui.

Do you ever wish you could live in a song, album, or just artist?
I do.
(And maybe I'm the only one who this particular, and odd, desire.)

One of those artists is Mae.
Oh, they make my heart melt.
The Everglow is seriously one of the happiest albums I have ever listened to.
As my friend Alex says, their music speaks to my soul.

*I'm sitting under falling stars.
Do you miss me where you are?
I'm making plans to be with you.
But have they come unglued?
What am I do to without you?*

*Painted skies--
I've seen so many that cannot compare to your ocean eyes.
The pictures you took,
that cover your room.
And it was just like the sun,
But more like the moon--
A light that can reach it all.
So now I'm branded for taking the fall.*

*Every now and again sometimes,
I get lost on the wind of a dream.
The air gets clean and the seas get wide,
And I can do anything.*

*"It's magic", she says to me.
My hand in her way, she approaches sweetly.
It's enough when I see that look in her eyes,
it's enough for me to paralyze.*

*Say anything, but say what you mean.
When you whisper you want this,
Your eyes tell the same.*

*I’ve got a feeling it’s not the safest place to start.
This heavy breathing--it seems we’re better off breaking hearts.
And at the beginning, dove down, and lost with all his charm.
Just wanna wake up, wake up in someone’s…*

*You come over unannounced,
Silence broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight, just like the ocean needs the wave.
Fall around me now,
Like stars that shine and brighten the way.
I need you here tonight, just like this night it needs the rain.*

*To float above the world for now,
to lose control is bliss somehow.*

*The nights are getting warm again.
They've let you go; I let you in.
Everything you're saying sounds right tonight.
The waves are crashing on and on.
We're running even if we're wrong.
This force is driving me to test the speed of light.*

*Did you know what you were doing?
Did you know?
Did you know how you would move me?
Well, I don’t really think so.
But the night came down and swept us away.
And the stars they seemed to paint the most elaborate scene today.*

*So when you say forever, can't you see?
You've already captured me.*


Wistful sigh.

1 comment:

Jayci said...

:o) ... I'll have to look into them on itunes! I love happy, wistful music..

ps - where do you find pina colada mix in the store? :P drink aisle?? I was totally clueless today and in a rush! Good thing the fish fry isn't until next Saturday. ha ha!