Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 Goals

And now I present, 2,011 goals for 2011.


#2,011: Just kidding. :D I may be mentally disordered, but I'm not crazy! Anyhow, I'm approaching this new year with mostly optimistic thoughts. I'll be honest, I'm very intimidated by this semester of school. Completely edit all 4 chapters thus written in my second book, write 4 new chapters, write a 25 page critical paper, and read 5 books and conduct lots o' research for said paper. Yes, I'm slightly terrified. I can handle it. I know I can. My last semester at BYU I was taking 15 incredibly difficult credits (okay, maybe the 2 credits for swimming wasn't difficult, but it was therapeutic!), working 15 hours a week, and was president of Laugh Out Loud (damn, ruined my parallel sentence structure). Not to mention the fact that I was slowly losing my mind and wasn't entirely aware of it! So if I can do that, I can do anything! Spit on the moon! Sing like Mariah Carey! Dress like Lady Gaga!
Hmm, maybe not that last one.
So, my goals for 2011 ...

1. Completely edit my YA fantasy book.
2. Finish my YA fiction book (the one I'm writing for school).
3. Learn how to bake pies and work with pastry dough.
4. Continue to stay healthy. Right now that's on a bit of a hiatus, thanks to my sciatica acting back up. But hopefully I'll be back in the gym doing real work outs (kickboxing, cycling, swimming, weight lifting) in a few weeks.
5. Give up daily sodas ... at some point this year.
6. Rely on the Lord more. Build a better relationship with my Savior.
7. Increase my skill in piano playing. Even if it's just by a little.
8. Eat at least 2 servings of veggies every day. I used to be good about this, but I can't really eat them raw anymore, and lately I've been too lazy to cook literally anything (other than toast). Enough of that nonsense!

That sounds purty good, eh?

No comments: