Monday, January 3, 2011

December and 2011 Year Goals Recap

Hello from beautiful Tryon, NC! I'm at school right now (our residency is not on campus this semester due to limited housing but instead at a beautiful hotel in North Carolina). The area is pretty, not too chilly. The classes are interesting and inspiring. And best of all, I'm staying with my awesome friend Lindsay at her super cute house. I love being here and being immersed in this literary world. Of course, I miss Kurt and my puppies and snowboarding, probably in that order. But I'll see them soon enough.

Real quick: December goals recap:

-Get caught up on my blog posts! I have like 4 or 5 to do! I hope to do them this weekend. I wanted to do them over Thanksgiving, but we went to Tucson and left our home computer with all the pics (took Kurt's work computer) so that idea flew out the window. I have a certain friend who's going to kill me if I never get Halloween pics up, lol. Fail. And that's okay.
-Edit as much of my book as I possibly can. Fail. Also okay.

As you can see, I didn't really stick to either of my goals and I'm not too upset about it. The reason? I had an awesome Christmas with my family and friends and I have plenty of time to complete both of those projects. 

Now, for my 2011 Year Goals! dun dun dun!
-Lose 20 pounds by June. I know--I have 20 pounds to lose. It sounds like a lot. But I can definitely do it in 6 months. Definitely failed on that, but that was out of my control, so I don't feel bad. And I'm finally starting to really lose all that weight, so I'm happy. :)
-Stay on top of my homework. For this semester, that means reading 2-3 books every three weeks, writing 2-3 pages on each book, and writing a short story every three weeks. Oi. I'd say this was a success. There were a few times I got behind on writing my papers, but the books were always read on schedule, and the papers take about an hour, so that was no big deal.
-Keep my house clean! Big goal for me here. My therapist helped me break down my chores into things that need to be done weekly, things that need to be done semi-weekly, and things that need to be done monthly. I gave it a trial run in December and it was awesome! Before I was trying to get everything done every week. Well, I am OCD. Success. I actually did a really good job on this, for me. Sometimes, towards the end of the semester, things got a little unkempt, but never too bad. And my wonderful Kurt helped big time with the kitchen.
-Wake up every morning at 6:30. I need to actually do my hair in the morning, wear mascara, and get to work on time. Fail. I gave up on this pretty quickly. I'm okay with not doing my hair for work. I still look fine and no one cares, so why should I? 
-Work out 4 to 6 days a week. I feel so much better when I'm working out regularly. It really helps regulate my moods and stave off depression. Success! 
-Finish my book by the end of the year. Really, I'd like to have it finished and thoroughly edited by then, but with school I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on it. Success!
-TAKE MORE PICTURES. Overall, a success. I didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked, but still more than usual. :)

So, it's been a pretty good year. I'm going into to 2011 with happiness, confidence, and determination. I'll post my goals for 2011 and January after my residency. I'm thinking so much about my book (for school) and my big critical paper to do this semester, that I don't have thought for much else. But that's okay! My therapist would be so proud of me for being able to say that! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU!! YOU ARE THE DENSITY OF OUR LIGHTNESS OF BEING! LOVE YOU LOTS AND MORE!