I've decided, to help lessen my load during this semester, to do one set of goals for the first four months of the year. That way I'll still have something to work towards, but I won't get overwhelmed. Because if there's one thing I'm really good at doing, it's getting overwhelmed.
1. Be diligent about my physical therapy exercises. I'm dying to get back into kickboxing, weight lifting, cycling, and swimming. During my school residency, my legs ached from not being used very much. So to do that, I need to do my PT exercises every four hours. And sit with good posture. I already walk/stand with pretty good posture.
2. Stay on top of school work. That means working a little bit every day. I'm usually one of those binge people. Don't work all week, then on Saturday just kill myself by reading/researching/writing for hours on end. Not the brightest way to tackle such a daunting semester. I'm registering with the office of disabilities at my school this semester, but I only want those accommodations to be a last-minute resort. I've managed to turn everything in on time so far in my college/graduate career. I can continue that trend in my third semester.
3. Keep the house clean. Yes, yes, an on-going goal for me. But with school going to be so heavy and the big kitchen reno going on, this house is going to have a tendency to look pretty scary most days.
4. Take time every week to read/write for fun. I think this is important. I would say every day, but that's not likely.
That should do it. Kinda like one goal per month, huh? Not that I'll tackle it that way, but when I say it that way, it doesn't sound so bad.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
of course you can share my background ;)
also, I love your dogs! I am so excited to get one, I'll probably be turning to you for some puppy advice haha.
good luck with all your writing!!
Post a Comment