Monday, May 23, 2011

Sisters Weekend '11: The Sequel

(Warning: this post has a ton of pictures!!)
The same weekend that Kurt's mom, grandpa, and grandpa's girlfriend were in town, I flew out to Salt Lake City for another sisters weekend. But this time, my mom also joined in on the fun! And my swingin' pal, AllyRae! The reason I went back out was to go wedding dress shopping with my younger sister, Caroline, who's engaged to be married on July 9th. Hooray! I flew in on Saturday morning and my sisters picked me up for some  fun at Antelope Island with the Jarvie! I "met" Scott years ago when I blog stalked him and commented on his blog all the time because he is a totes amazing photographer. When Steph moved back to Utah last summer, I suggested she get in touch with him because a) she's been dabbling in photography for the last several years, b) Scott is really good at it and if nothing else, could introduce her to the photography world in Utah, and c) he always just seemed like the nicest guy. Which he is! Because they're friends now. Anyway, Scott had a free day so Steph arranged for them to practicing the taking of pictures together with subjects, me and Caroline. We had a blast. It was warm and sunny, we got In-N-Out for lunch, and we just laughed and goofed off a bunch. Also, if you're in the market for a photographer for weddings, families, etc., check The Jarvie out!
Some of Scott's pics:

And some of Steph's shots. She's improved so much even from that first shoot we did in Denver back in January!
 
 

The Jarvie! 

Of course, I had to goof off.

That night we met AllyRae, her husband Alejandro, and their baby li'l Xandrie at CPK for pizza, then went back to their apartment for some Dominion. And some pictures of my cutest outfit of all time:

On Sunday we went to the airport to pick my mom up! And you wouldn't believe, but I didn't get any pictures with my mom. I really am the worst. We just spent the day hanging out, eating, having fun. It was a mostly relaxing day. On Monday my mom, Caroline, and I visited my awesome cousin Carly, her baby Paisley, and her hubby Derek and then all of us and my grandma met Stephanie at Cheesecake Factory for her birthday lunch. Also, between those two things, my mom and I discovered an awesome little fabric store in Salt Lake called Material Girls and a gourmet cookie shop next door, where we ate way too many amazing cookies. Then, it was time to head back down to Provo to do the wedding dress shopping! Caroline tried on lots of dresses and looked amazing in all of them. It was so much fun getting to be there with her and my mom and Stephanie (and AllyRae who joined in and our cousin Caroline). I'm especially grateful since neither my sisters nor my mom were able to go wedding dress shopping with me. So it was a special afternoon. In the end, Caroline bought her favorite dress (you have to wait until July to see pictures of it!) and got it for a screaming deal. (We bought it from Abella Bridal, which is where I worked and bought my dress back in the day.)

It was seriously the best weekend ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Including Dad and da Boy back home, yuk, yuk, wink!

Hyphen Interiors said...

Sounds like fun! I loved the pics! You guys are one gorgeous family! Such beautiful sisters!