Sunday, July 24, 2011

Defying Gravity

Last Sunday (the 17th) Kurt and I saw Idina Menzel (of Wicked and Rent fame) perform with the Colorado Symphony at Red Rocks amphitheater. It was such a fun night. The weather was perfect--it had been really hot all day, but the sun was out of reach of the amphitheater, and we were higher than on the plains, and the breeze was blowing. Just perfect. Idina was absolutely amazing. I am so glad I was able to see her sing live. She's ... well, amazing! And very cute, she told all of these cute stories about her and her husband (Taye Diggs!) making up raps about their 2 year old son. Her conductor was Marvin Hamlisch, a superstar himself! Red Rocks is absolutely gorgeous by itself, and then you get this perfect view of the city, and the symphony and Idina ... an awesome, awesome night. :)

2 comments:

The Starter House said...

i saw MXPX and GOOD CHARLOTTE there!!!!

Jayci said...

looks so fun! You guys are such a cute pair. :)