You totally saw that coming, didn't you?
You totally did. You're so smart. And attractive. (You should totally keep reading my blog.)
Anyhow, as I have previously mentioned, the sink is my absolute favorite part of the the kitchen. Other than the openness and natural light. We decided on a porcelain apron/farmhouse sink. Kurt's coworker gave us the idea (she's thinking about it for her own house and mentioned it to Kurt). After we googled it, we fell in love. And then looked up prices. And quickly felt deflated. On average, $900! The cheapest we found was $700. And then ... Ikea. For $350 a pop! And then when we got there in July, it was on sale for only 300 bones! Sweetness! The day we put it in, I danced with glee and clapped my hands (actually, I don't remember but that's typically what I do when I'm happy). It looked so cool and decor-ish. I'm not making much sense right now, even to myself. But see for yourself!
The faucet is from Ikea too. We wanted something we could pull out (instead of the extendable sprayer you typically have), and Ikea had one. The only downfall, we thought at first, was that it doesn't have a button to turn the water from a stream to a spray. But once we turned it on, we realized that isn't necessary, because that faucet has better water pressure than our shower head.
You might also notice the extra upper cabinet (on the far right of the upper cabinets, etc) that we added. The arrangement up there is actually going to change, because we've found a lot of extra cabinets in our sheds that we're going to use, one of which is an upper cabinet. That will really help with storage space, since we don't have a pantry. Speaking of, we're busy painting and installing all of those extra cabinets!
Also, the dish washer is installed. That's the black thing in the middle of all the white cabinets. It was so nice to finally have a dish washer and sink again! Yay for running water! And exclamation points!!!!!!
(Date: February 14th, 2011)

3 comments:
I am loving this running commentary of your kitchen adventure. That sink: AMAZING!
It's all looking so nice! I love farmhouse sinks, too! And you got a smokin' hot deal. Haha!
Oooh. Love the sink! Good job on the kitchen remodel!
Post a Comment