Sunday, July 24, 2011

Married?! TJ!

[Warning: LOTS of pictures!]
We married off my little sister, Caroline! Woohoo! Caroline and Skylar were sealed in the temple for time and all eternity on July 9th in the Idaho Falls temple. The day before my parents' 32nd anniversary, in the same place they were married. Pretty cool, huh? Actually, it was quite toasty. We had an awesome weekend spending time with friends and family. We drove out on Thursday and dined with Kurt's mom at the Red Iguana. Deeeelish. Then I stayed the night with my sister Steph and Kurt stayed with his mom. Steph and I ran over to Ryan and Mandi's place (they've been vacationing in Utah at Mandi's parents' condo for the summer, before Ryan starts his PhD program, smarty pants) and played Dominion all night. Then we carpooled up to Idaho Falls,, went through the temple with Caroline, and ate at Chuck-A-Rama. Which is surprisingly good. There's one in Provo but I never went there, on principle, because of it's name. But it was quite tasty. Us kids stayed up late that night playing Dominion again (of course!) The next day they were married and the day was CRAZY. Wedding at 12:30, pictures, luncheon, reception, then Kurt and I drove back down to Salt Lake. On Sunday we hung out with Shelley and Carlos, then drove down to Provo to spend time with our besties, the Wilcox's, before coming back up to my Grandma Hatch's for more family time and, you guessed it, Dominion. And I actually won both games I played! (I even beat Kurt and Ryan!) The next morning we all parted ways. Kurt and I met some friends of ours from NY, the McGeehee's, in Salt Lake before driving home via Steamboat Springs, CO. It was great to see Mark and Alicia. Steamboat Springs is now my favorite place in the state. So gorgeous, especially the pass on the east side. I want to live in there. We stopped for about an hour in Steamboat and walked around, and Kurt bought me a White Buffalo Turquoise ring because he's nice and I liked it. :) The weekend was absolutely wonderful, spending so much time with our family. I can't believe it was already 2 weeks ago!
 

I'm so proud of Caroline for marrying a worthy priesthood holder in the temple. :) Now he's stuck with us forever!

3 comments:

The Starter House said...

i love weddings! i hope someone in my family decides to get married soon, so I can go to one. ;) thanks for posting pics! i think it's cool your sister was the photographer too...

Jayci said...

ha ha - stuck for good! I love love LOVE temple weddings. Congrats to your sister! And I love your bridesmaid dress.. those colors!!

Lindsay said...

The wedding was so beautiful!!!! I've been behind on my blogs and am so glad I caught up to see this post!!! She was a beautiful bride and I agree, the bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous! Very happy for them :) I feel like I know her from talking with you! Such an exciting time!