Let's see how I did this year, hmm?
1. Completely edit my YA fantasy book. So ... I started to, then realized the book was crap and needed a TOTAL overhaul, and now I'm in the process of writing a new book that has ties to the old one. So we'll count this a SUCCESS!
2. Finish my YA fiction book (the one I'm writing for school). I think I planned on finishing this during the summer, but I ended up just focusing on the 130 pages I turned in for my thesis. I will finish the book when I finish the (new) first draft of my ya fantasy. So ... FAIL.
3. Learn how to bake pies and work with pastry dough. Haven't even touched this one: FAIL.
4. Continue to stay healthy. Right now that's on a bit of a hiatus, thanks to my sciatica acting back up. But hopefully I'll be back in the gym doing real work outs (kickboxing, cycling, swimming, weight lifting) in a few weeks. Success! That's one of the habits I'm best about right now.
5. Give up daily sodas ... at some point this year. Fail, but I typically only drink 24 ounces in a day (which is, sadly, an improvement).
6. Rely on the Lord more. Build a better relationship with my Savior. This was kind of a stupid goal, since it's not really measurable. But I still feel I was successful.
7. Increase my skill in piano playing. Even if it's just by a little. This is a big ol SUCCESS! I don't know if I ever shared how, shortly after posting this, I was called to be the Relief Society pianist. And now I'm playing in sacrament meeting in a week. Kinda funny how the Lord works, eh?
8. Eat at least 2 servings of veggies every day. I used to be good about this, but I can't really eat them raw anymore, and lately I've been too lazy to cook literally anything (other than toast). Enough of that nonsense! Definitely a fail... oh well!
So let's see ... 4 out of 8. Not too shabby!
But I hope I'll be more successful in 2012. :)
Friday, December 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment