Friday, February 1, 2008

Cheesecake Factory!

First I want to say to my dear friend Alisse--don't feel too bad hunny! We ALL have bad days with our talents slash skills. You LOVE ASL and one bad night shouldn't stop you from doing what you love. I believe in you! (I posted this on here because I couldn't find the comment button on your post... maybe I'm crazy today.)

So, all my life (well, all my life at BYU, so 5 years) I've heard how GREAT the Cheesecake Factory is. But I was never able to go, because they're all in cool places like Las Vegas and Cali, i.e. places I've never been.

But lo and behold, one has opened up in Midvale! Kurt, Kurt's mom, and I made a pilgrimage there on Tuesday night. I was so excited, and even though I look super ugly in these pics because I've had nonstop cramps all week due to a certain "medical procedure" I had on Monday, I still went.

Kurt and I got there way before his mom did, so we drooled over the cheesecake case and took pictures. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of all the cheesecake!!


Kurt and I were still warming up (hence the coats) and super excited about this legendary cheesecake!

Oh, before we left for the restaurant, I told Kurt I would only go to the Cheesecake Factory if they had gay icicles hanging from the ceiling. Luckily for me, they did.


After eating greasy-yummy appetizers, we got our entrees. HUGE! So we only ate a little bit and saved the room in our stomach for cheesecake because it is, after all, the Cheesecake Factory. It took us a long time to decide on our cheesecakes... they have over 30 varieties! Egads! Finally, we decided and our cheesecakes came.


Kurt got the Dutch Apple Yodel Streusel, or something like that. It was quite delicious because it had baked apples and I'm a sucker for baked apples.

Kurt's mom is not used to having pictures taken of her and food, so it took a couple of shots. She got the Lemon Raspberry cheesecake. It was my favorite.



Here I am, stuffing my chubby face with White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut. Was it as good as it sounded? You betcha!!


After we ate, we took a stroll in the fashion place mall. They have some very interesting stores there. This one was my favorite.

3 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Thanks for the support hunny! I took comments off that post because I wasn't doing it for poeple to comment back & have myself a pity party, I just wanted to journal my feelings/story that night.

Ok, so it's probably not a good thing you love Cheesecake Factory now because you'll crave it like my family does! And they just put one in a block from my house. Uh-oh! And have you never seen a Torrid store before? It's pretty popular here. I guess being plus size is popular? I'm not sure.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Oh, and my back order socks came today!! They're my favorite. I love argyle!! Thanks so much Kris, Love you!!

The Starter House said...

kris. i sent you an email with the suffering on it. i hope i got your email right. let me know if you don't get it. love ya.