Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No one worries about you in Vegas if you're already married

Our trip to Vegas (courtesy of our wonderful friends, the Wilcox's) was an absolute blast!! Here is a list of our trip to the City of Sin:

1. First things first, I insisted on going to In 'n' Out burger for lunch on Saturday! I have been hearing nothing but praises of this West Coast fast food joint and with my love of burgers, you know there was no way I was missing out on that! It did, I dare say, meet my expectations. Very, very good!




2. Drove down the strip and took a trip to the Stratosphere. The men were brave enough to ride the Big Shot (free fall ride on top of the Stratosphere) and the Xscream, while we women chatted and took pictures.





3. Sushi Friday night and again on Saturday night (after 11 for the half-off special) at Osaka. Great sushi or the greatest sushi of all time? I'd say the latter.

4. Walking the strip until 4 am with Alex and Allison. We walked through the Bellagio (amazing) and a few other casinos as well. It made us feel young and single again to be up that late. And to be honest, it was pretty fun!





5. Kurt found some eye candy. I'm not jealous, I swear.


6. Kurt forgot his church clothes (on our bed) and so had to borrow Alex's... they were a bit small. With his rolled-up shirt sleeves, he looked like a priest or a teacher! And he played the part pretty well (which isn't surprising).


This picture illustrates one of the many, many reasons that I love him. ("Would you say that I have a plethora of reasons?")

7. Trip out to Red Rock for some hiking and picture taking.




8. General goofing off with Allison.



9. Breakfast up at Mt. Charleston lodge ... they have the world's largest traffic cone (or what might as well be).


10. A quick trip to Red Mango and finding a very sweet store.



The Traditional 1st Anniversary Frozen Yogurt

11. On our way out of Vegas, we stopped on the strip one more time ... to see the Bellagio fountains ("Your Song" by Elton John, and "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Boccelli) and to ride the Manhattan Express roller coaster at the NY, NY casino. Both were closed on our late night expedition on Saturday night.




12. Free Red Bull sodas on the strip.


13. Completely losing our minds on the car trip home, playing Monopoly on Kurt's phone, and having impromptu dance parties in gas station parking lots in St. George.


14. And of course, Bentley.

5 comments:

Allison said...

oh this post is awesome! I can't believe those days are over. We miss y'all mucho!
Bentley thanks you for adding him to the list! :)

MelancholySmile said...

wow, what a trip! It looked like you have fun. I noticed your poll about the background bleeding through-- you can change that by altering the HTML code if you'd like. See http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2007/10/transparent-background-for-blogs.html for step by step instructions. :)

Jill and Paul said...

WOW! quite the pics! loved it all. get it in while you can, cause as soon as you have a baby......well, im sure youve heard! looks like so much fun! i love vegas. and i love kurts church pants the most! yall are so cute!

Allison said...

Have you tried the askanythingblog lately? It's blocked off to invited users only. So lame!

Jamie said...

Steph was working I think that morning so she just came to the reception (I will try to add some pics of the reception). But we should definately double again and do something fun!