Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Alisse T visits Provo

On August something-er-other, my old freshman year roommate, Alisse T Sherwood Baldwin, came to visit Provo and lucky me, came and saw me! I haven't seen Alisse in 2 years and before than it had been about a year and a year before that we lived together, so yeah, it was good to see her! Alisse and I basically lost our minds and gained lots of weight together freshman year and had a blast the whole time. Then she transferred from BYU to go back home, got married, and has moved on from me ... sniff. But seriously, Alisse is awesome and it was good to see her and this time we were both married! She and her hubby Scott crashed it on our air mattress for a night and it was a blast. It also turned into a mini freshman year reunion, with Chris, Dan Chappell, and Jigga joining in on the fun.
First, we hung out at our place, tried to figure out what to do, and took silly pictures.

Chris, Dan, and Kurt's leg. Nice. By the way, Chris is seriously one of my favorite people ever. I want him to marry one of my relatives so we can be related forever, but I'm quickly running out of single female relatives. Drat.

I look pretty ... with my hair up ... and my eyes closed ...

Group picture! Don't you like my pose? It's basically amazing. From the left: Chris, Dan, Scott and Alisse T, and Jigga. I hope you know which one's me and which is Kurt. If you don't... I'll kill myself.
Next, we decided it was definitely appropriate to take Al (as I call her) and Scott to Ella Good, and since it was such a beautiful day, we walked there!

We're walking, we're walking...

My favorite Hawaiian lady. And yes, I changed shirts.
Then, we headed over to Brick Oven, a BYU tradition and Scott's favorite. Apparently he and Al hit it up every time they come to Utah and sometimes multiple times. Those also happen to be the only times I go there. :D

Waiting... Actually, despite the fact that is was Friday AND Graduation, our wait for 6 was only 20 minutes. Not bad at all.
It ended up being kinda like a triple date:

Kurt and me

Al and Scott

Jigga and Chris? Haha.

A very fun group. The table behind us in the picture kept looking at us and whispering to each other. Either we were even louder than we thought or they actually thought Chris and Jigga were on a date with each other, even though they definitely did not give off those vibes. Those suspicious Utahns...

Our very miniature 152nd ward reunion!
Now, a walk down memory lane...

January - April 2004: Alisse and me being very ugly freshman year. That was the norm for us.

May 18, 2005: Alisse and Scott's wedding day.

February 2006: Al and Scott visit Provo and we eat at Brick Oven!

August 2008: Al and Scott visit Provo and we once again eat at Brick Oven!
Thanks for including us in your trip, Al! I love you, my lady lesbian lover!

2 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Love you more! Thanks SO much for letting us stay at your place!! When can we come to Colorado now?? :)
(maybe next summer- AFTER we graduate)

I miss you & Mr. Atkins already- and Jigga & CCR.

Megan said...

Why wasn't I invited? Sheesh! Just because I live on the other side of the country...

MMM...Pink Floyd. Thank you for making my day a little happier.