I have decided I want to have a religious picture in every room of my house (I include the painting of George Washington praying at Valley Forge in that category). I hope to have at least a few prints of Minerva Teichert's beautiful art. I first fell in love with her art when I took out my endowments--they had a copy of Christ with Mary and Martha in the brides' room. I am struck by the beauty of her painting. Here are a few of my favorites.




4 comments:
LOVE her, too (as you probably figured out from my "Christ in a Red Robe" purchase). I'm so glad there's at least one GOOD LDS artist out there--most of the other ones I can't stand. Too many shiny, perfect people (seriously, every subject in most LDS paintings is glowing for some reason). That's right, not only am I a book snob, I'm also a Mormon art snob. Sheesh.
Hey, how are you guys doing? How is blistering Colorado? Anyways, you should also check out some of the art by Walter Rane. He is probably my favorite LDS artist.
I discovered Minerva Teichert is 1975. She is truly gifted, but in a Twilight Zone sort of way. The angular looks she gives make me think of Zoltar.
Glen Beck spoke about the black lamb painting you have at the top - one of his favorites- and a very neat story how he came to own one.
IN 1975, IN 1975.....not is...
Post a Comment