So, I left out what Kurt and I got each other for Valentine's Day because Kurt hadn't gotten me anything yet. (My present to him was some cheap flip flops he can take to places like the gym and, of course, a steak dinner. We had a spending limit.) See, he takes public transportation to work and then he gets home so late and it's really hard for him to get out to the store without me. Well, this morning, he got up at 7 and told me he was going to work. I kissed him goodbye and promptly fell back asleep. Suddenly, at 8:15, I was awakened again by him handing some roses to me. He hadn't gone to work after all! After giving me the flowers, he ran into the kitchen and returned with a tray full of pancakes from the best breakfast joint in Denver, Toast.

They do this thing called the flight of pancakes where you get a short stack of 4 different types of pancakes. He got me the bananas foster, strawberry walnut, and two stacks of the lemon blueberry pancakes. They were absolutely delicious! Also, there was a sweet card ("To my lovely love whom I love to love"), a fancy organic chocolate bar (mmm!), and a mini can of coke! It was seriously such a huge, nice, wonderful surprise!

(The roses are in a jar because I can't find our vase and I had to improvise. :D )
3 comments:
How wonderful! And I presonally like the jar. Looks very down-home tender, if you know what I'm saying. Probably not. Anyway, I like it. Way to go, Kurt!
You are one lucky man/woman!!
Flip flops he can take to a steak dinner? I think the shoe industry is getting a little too specialized.
Post a Comment