Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Trucks, Big Families, and Bigger Hair

Last weekend we had the opportunity to go back to Utah. It is so strange to me that I just spent 7 full months away from Utah, and during the school year no less! We went up this particular weekend for a century (read: 100 mile) bike race Kurt signed up for in Tooele.

Ok, this pic is not from Utah but the night before leaving, at our apartment. I just thought it was funny how Zumi was lying on the floor to eat his food. Lazy dog.
So, we left Thursday evening and made it in at 2 am. We got to stay with our bestest friends, the Wilcox's! Man, I missed them so much! Thanks again, Alexson, for letting us stay at y'all's place! We had a swingin' good time!

On Friday I got to get lunch with Jamie. I was so excited to see her and her beautiful baby girl, Asha. She was so cute and good natured! I can't believe Jamie's a mom, since I was there for her first day of college. My little Jamie-butt's growing up! *Sniff sniff*
That night we got sushi with the Wilcox's, then Kurt and Alex went and watched Taken at the dollar theather while Allison introduced me to High School Musical 3. It's the first one I've seen and I gotta tell ya, Allison, I liked it more than I let on. ;D It was really cute!!
Saturday morning Kurt and Alex left at 6:30 to head up to Tooele. I woke up at this time and took Zumi out for potty, then got back in bed. A few hours later, I awoke to find Kurt walking into our room. I felt like I was going crazy. Why was he here at only 8:45 am? He explained that because of the thunderstorm, they were strongly discouraged from doing the race. So, he got a $45 t-shirt out of the whole deal (no refunds b/c it was for charity. lame).

Next we went to lunch with the Sibert's! I can't believe how much their little Toby has grown up since the last time we saw them. He is so cute and he loved Kurt and me (me especially). We introduced them to Art City Trolley and their fabulous Danae's Sweet Sensation Salad. Mmmm...
We headed back to the Wilcox's to pack up and say goodbye. They have two small dogs, Bentley and Coco. Zumi is great with other dogs and always wants to play with them. However, he was afraid to play with Bentlers or Coco because they were so small. They kept trying and trying to get him to play. Finally, he did and was chasing them and barking happily, which scared Coco. Maybe next time will be better. :D

Here is Allison successfully teaching Zumi tricks! He is a hard dog to train (short attention span, always curious) so I was very impressed! She taught him Fox (Zoom's versions of Bentley's Polar Bear) and Sit. Yay! I finally have an obedient dog!

Fox!

Fox again! He's so adorable.

Allison loved Zumi, and rightfully so. He's freaking cute. And hopefully these pics clear up any confusion to his size. I keep hearing how he looks really big in the pics I took right when we got him. He's not. He's only 13 pounds.



Two peas in a pod.

I look ugly. I didn't take good pics this whole weekend. I think I kept scrunching my eyes up too much.
Then we headed up to Salt Lake to drop by real fast and say hi to Jessica and Reece (and for Jessica and I to finally meet each other's husbands!) and it was too fast, so I didn't get a pic! It was too short because Kurt kept playing the PS3 with Alex a little longer, then a little longer, then a little longer...
Then we ran down to Sandy to eat at Cafe Rio (yes!!) with James and Camille Winfield and Ty and Erin Spurgeon. I adore Cafe Rio. And I was a lard and at my entire salad, including my tortilla, and then got ice cream next door at Coldstone. Basically this trip was one big feast.

Ty and Erin took us to their sweet new home they're in the process of remodeling. They have birds. Camille was excited to finally find a pet she's not allergic to!

The whole gang! See how ugly I am again??
Then we went to Grandma Hatch's. While they were at church, we ran to see Kurt's mom, then brought her up for dinner at Grandma's where we saw my awesome cousin Carly and her new hubby Derek. I wish we had had more time for family. I looked outside and saw a little fox asleep in the yard!

Then it was time to go home. We sure did miss Utah and all of our friends and family there. If it wasn't for all the mormons, as Kurt and I kept saying, we'd totally live there.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

You are so funny. I think you look great in all of your pictures! I was seriously thinking how photogenic you are. And your dog is so adorable. I can't get over how fox-like he looks, its way cute!
I am glad we gotta hang out, it was a lot of fun! You guys are/were like the only couple we really hang out with. Hopefully we can figure out a way to come visit this summer!

Jayci said...

weird!! I know Alex!! But I can't even remember from where. I haven't even finished the whole post, but I had to say that! I don't think he's from Las Vegas.. is he? oorrr... maybe he was doing exercise-science classes at BYU? I'm going to have to delve deeper. How funny that I know him. small world! does he lay tennis? sorry... these are all probably really weird questions.. so back to the post :)

I love that he learned those tricks so quickly! Buckwheat will not learn a trick. He knows he's getting that treat either way, so he just sits and stares... wait. Take that back. When I first got him, I taught him "sit." but he only does it for me. ha ha! What a goob.

what salad do you get at Cafe Rio? I'm going back to Utah this month and I'd like to try one. I never am "in love" with Cafe Rio, but I do crave it! But I think there is something better than what I always get. And these rave salads are calling my name!

and you're NOT UGLY. haha! I wonder if I look that pretty in pictures I think I'm ugly in... probably not. ha! Great pictures. So sorry for my very extensive comment! adios!

Allison said...

Wow! You guys packed a TON of visits into your trip. I'm SUPER impressed. To think...we had the pleasure of you guys spending the night with us(a swingin' time) in our spare room! That's like whoah! Awesome! You are right, I LOVED Zumi. What a stud! He's so cute. I could go for a good Zumi neck squeeze right about now..I just loved his FUR! So thick and soft. Umm..I'm pretty sure you are gorgeous and the pics look FAB! IF anyone is looking sketchy it's ME! I DO love those pics you got of me training Zumi...does he remember any of it? And, I love the pics of us two! So adorable! I love my xTina! :) I need to copy those and especially the pic of our husbands(totally two peas in a pod). Kurt's neck muscles are popping out and it's awesome! :) WE ROVE YOU! (engrish).

Jayci said...

So I suddenly remembered!! I know Alex from EFY back in 2002. It was the only summer I went to an EFY, but he was in my group. hA! What a RANDOM little connection. I love how our brains work like spontaneous combustion sometimes.

Anonymous said...

K - you have weird friends.

Jessica and Reece said...

We LOVED seeing you guys, and I am so glad that I finally got to meet your husband! I only wish we could have spent more time together... I believe a Colorado trip is in order!