
I've been listening to Coldplay [A LOT] recently and it's really reminded me of last summer.
That was seriously one of the happiest times in my life.
We were both (finally) graduated.
I was working full time at WestPro for a measly $11/hour.
I hated 90% of my job.
Kurt was studying for the CPA exam.
We were poor.
We lived in an extremely old, quirky house.
We slept on a mattress on the floor.
And we were so happy.
We hiked every week, sometimes more than once a week.
We played games.
We spent all of our free time together.
We took multiple spontaneous road trips where we lived off bagel sandwiches and camped at night.
We were relieved to finally both be done with school.
We were excited for our upcoming move to Denver.
Man, I miss those times.
(And it's only been a year...)
I know life will always get more exciting.
We've got a puppy,
about to buy our first home,
kids soon,
and we're middle class
(that's an odd feeling)
But I know I'll always remember summer of 2008 with joy.
That was seriously one of the happiest times in my life.
We were both (finally) graduated.
I was working full time at WestPro for a measly $11/hour.
I hated 90% of my job.
Kurt was studying for the CPA exam.
We were poor.
We lived in an extremely old, quirky house.
We slept on a mattress on the floor.
And we were so happy.
We hiked every week, sometimes more than once a week.
We played games.
We spent all of our free time together.
We took multiple spontaneous road trips where we lived off bagel sandwiches and camped at night.
We were relieved to finally both be done with school.
We were excited for our upcoming move to Denver.
Man, I miss those times.
(And it's only been a year...)
I know life will always get more exciting.
We've got a puppy,
about to buy our first home,
kids soon,
and we're middle class
(that's an odd feeling)
But I know I'll always remember summer of 2008 with joy.

2 comments:
Isn't it crazy how music can instantly bring you to a different time of your life? I love that about it. There are certain country songs that are permanently branded in my mind as "Alaska songs" because I heard them so often up there.
i love reminiscing. and music always has a way to make it all nostalgia-like. :) Sounds like it WAS a fabulous summer. We reeeaaally miss road-trips. In Alaska there are either no roads, too much ice, or too great a distance. That's one thing we really miss about the lower 48... FREEWAYS! But I am trying to talk Mark into a road trip when we are done with our family-seeing-trip.
Post a Comment