Anywho! On Memorial Day weekend we went ahead and bought all of our paint for our house. Well, almost all. We waited on the bedroom paint because we hadn't picked out bedding yet. Well, a couple weeks ago we decided we want a black/white/yellow color scheme, with black and white bedding and yellow walls. So I started scouring the web for some sweet, toile or damask black and white bedding.
My favorite was, naturally, Anthropologie.

However, for the entire set (duvet cover, king shams, euro shams, and bed skirt), the price is $500. Yikes.
So I compromised. I found this on Amazon:

I don't love it as much as the Anthropologie bedding, but for $139 for a mini set (comforter and 2 king shams) I just couldn't let myself splurge on the more expensive bedding. And I plan on making my own bed skirt, euro shams, and decorative pillows.
We start painting this weekend and next weekend we'll move in! And Kurt's mom, the master gardener, is coming to help us with our yard. Check back for before's and after's of just about everything. :D

4 comments:
Hi lover.
YAY for finally closing! I'm so happy for you & Kurtstan!
And yay for damask bedding- I have some similar, but of course couldn't find anything cheaper than the $400 set 3 years ago. So way to be a bargain shopper!
Love you!
Hooray! And good for you to make your own stuff! I'm trying to make some pillows and stuff for our bed - let me know how you make your bed skirt. We could swap patterns or something.
I'm so excited to see before and afters!! :) I bet it will all look so fabulous. I heard once that couples with a yellow bedroom fight more often. Haha!! But I DOUBT that will be the case with you lovebirds. :) I think a yellow bedroom will be so bright and cheerful. You'll wake up and have so much energy!! Like a ray of sunshine. :oP Let me know how you love it when you're in and living. I'm so excited to see the pillows and bed skirt! It will all look so nice, Kristina! Have fun after closing!! I think we got pizza the night we closed. PARTY!!
Oh I love the idea of a yellow bedroom...i'm entertaining the thoughts of bright colors too because we have two guest rooms to paint and a guest bathroom. I can't wait to see what colors you pick for the other parts of the house. Are you still going to do lots of blues? I think I remember you liking blues...
Post a Comment