Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Goals

Do you like how I finally changed my Christmas layout and playlist? (Note to Alisse T and Mo: if you have any other songs that remind you of freshman year, please lemme know!) Yeah, I'm slowly getting back to my normal life. And I was planning on doing some major cleaning on Saturday, but we've decided to drive down to Tucson. So it will have to wait. Anyhow! Here are my goals for 2010:
-Lose 20 pounds by June. I know--I have 20 pounds to lose. It sounds like a lot. But I can definitely do it in 6 months.
-Stay on top of my homework. For this semester, that means reading 2-3 books every three weeks, writing 2-3 pages on each book, and writing a short story every three weeks. Oi.
-Keep my house clean! Big goal for me here. My therapist helped me break down my chores into things that need to be done weekly, things that need to be done semi-weekly, and things that need to be done monthly. I gave it a trial run in December and it was awesome! Before I was trying to get everything done every week. Well, I am OCD.
-Wake up every morning at 6:30. I need to actually do my hair in the morning, wear mascara, and get to work on time.
-Work out 4 to 6 days a week. I feel so much better when I'm working out regularly. It really helps regulate my moods and stave off depression.
-Finish my book by the end of the year. Really, I'd like to have it finished and thoroughly edited by then, but with school I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on it.
-TAKE MORE PICTURES.

My January goals:
-I've already read one book, so now I'm reading another and since it's longer I'll only read 2 books by the beginning of February. Write my 2-3 page response to each. Finish the short story I've already started.
-Only eat sweets on the weekend. This is gonna be hard!
-Finish Kurt's scarf. I still haven't! I'm such an awful wife!! >_<

5 comments:

MelancholySmile said...

um, I'm looking at your christmas photos, and how is it even possible for you to lose 20 pounds without disappearing? I think you look great!

Debbie said...

I really like that you have similar goals as me - it helps keep me motivated! Especially in the writing department. GOOD LUCK!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Basically The Totally Sweet CD is Freshman year on a disc.

And ack! You're in Tucson?! I'm texting you.

Sarah said...

With your determination and drive, I'm confident you'll hit these goals!

PS-I've never ever STARTED a scarf for Jeff... I must be the awful wife!

Jayci said...

you have such awesome, laid out goals. You seem so organized all the time! Go you!! I hope you accomplish everything you have listed here. My fingers are crossed!