Monday, January 17, 2011

Kurt's Manventure

As if Man Weekend 2010 wasn't enough, Nikkia presented Kurt with an awesome opportunity in September: a 2 week, multiple species hunt in northern British Columbia, Canada. So he took it! Like I said, he was gone for 2 weeks, but on top of that, we didn't speak on the phone for that whole two weeks, and only twice through email. It was hard for me to be left behind (it's always easier to be the one gone in these scenarios), but I'm glad he got to go. 
They were based out of this lodge, in the middle-of-nowhere, BC, Canada, but only stayed there for a few nights.
The view from the lodge. Pretty gorgeous, huh?
 Then they flew out to their cabin, even more in the middle of nowhere. Only the pilot, one person, and some gear could fit on the plane at a time. This is the view as they flew (oooers, rhyming).
 Nikkia's elk. It was basically an elk and moose hunt. Nikkia got both but Kurt was unable to get an elk (due to foul weather). Which is just as well, because we barely fit the moose meat as it was.
 They rode horses all day long. Fuuuuuun.
 Here is Kurt's moose. Yay Kurt! Yay his moose! His moose is tasty!
Kurt's guide ... can't remember his name now, but he had no teeth. Yay Kurt's guide!

Then Kurt and Nikkia drove back to Spokane, where Kurt flew to DIA, where I met him and we left straight on our cruise. He was so hairy I didn't even recognize him at first, lol. Not to mention he was wearing camo pants, a plain gray hoody, and sunglasses. He basically looked like the unabomber.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great trip! Maybe I can join you one day. Always wanted to go on a traditional horseback elk hunt.

Jayci said...

YAAAY MOOSE! We love moose over here (recent converts). Hellooooo tasty steaks! :P And I love elk - have you had it before?? super tasty, too. Yep. We'd be great friends.