Friday, April 1, 2011

Pepto Bismal Ain't Got Nothin On Me!

As our kitchen reno is finally nearing its grand finale, we've started to think about the exterior of the house. It really needs a lot of work. I mean, come on. Almond exterior paint with brown trim? And brown gutters? Really? It looks like our house should be white, but is really dirty.
Blech. I mean, it's not terrible, probably. I just don't like it. And on the back side there are some spots where the paint was touched up and the new stuff didn't quite match the old stuff.
So what are we thinking? I want something fun and playful. But with curb appeal. After searching for a while, I found the perfect color: pink!
 Da qui. This house has a cool, old Charleston vibe with the double porches and what not. Love it.
 Da qui. The architecture on this house is super fun. I actually like those statues. They kind of remind me of the Piggly Wiggly's owner house in Charleston. Instead of lions guarding his house, he has pigs. Sweet! Sadly, I don't think it would work for my house.
 Da qui. This house has a fairy-tail-cottage feel that I'm starting to dig. And the hearts? Not too bad. Our daughters would certainly love it!
Da qui. Another house with hearts, though I like these more than the last. They're fun along the porch. I could put some on our shutters. That might be nice.

I was worried when I told Kurt, but he didn't hate the idea. He'd prefer something really pale, but he thinks it would definitely set us apart from the neighborhood, which will be good when it comes time to sell. I'm getting really excited about it! Even though it's still a few months away. But I can still pick up some paint swatches. :D

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I think you know how I feel about pink and hearts. It is totally my style! I say if you go pink, you have to go bold. Pale pink houses are an abomination to true style.

Mandi said...

Don't worry. I do know what day it is...