I was having trouble being photogenic that day.


There was another group of people there when we got to the springs and they had this cool pitt bull that kept swimming 'round and 'round in the cold river. He didn't like the smell of the warm, sulfur water so much. His name was Capone. I decided that Kurt and I need to get a big dog to go hiking with us, because frankly, Chou chou's a bit of a wimp.

I'm not sure why we didn't take any pictures in the hot springs. Every now and then we'd get too hot and jump in the frigid river. Everyone else loved it but me .... I don't do cold water very well. I really was having fun, despite my expression in this pic. I was just caught off guard.
Getting ready to leave. Sad :(

Tiffany and Greg are so cute! And more tolerable of cold water than I am. And more photogenic.
Saturday morning Kurt and I drove up to Sundance to hike to Stewart Falls. Unfortunately, we parked so close that the trip took us 20 minutes, total. That includes stopping at the falls and admiring them. So, naturally, we decided to go on another hike in the 95 degree weather. We're going to do an over-night back-packing trip up Timp on July 4th and so to train, we decided to load up some backpacks with full water bottles and hike Squaw Peak. The hike was going really well until dun-dun-dun, attack of the caterpillars! Thousands of caterpillars were literally falling from the trees, making the way impassable. However, we were able to go halfway, so it ended up being a 2 hour hike and with the high temperature and the weight on our backs, a pretty good workout! We're gonna try it again this Saturday and this time I'll take the camera!!

5 comments:
Oh, my lil' granola girl. Thanks for exercising a lot in place of any physical activity I don't do. Because the most out of breath I've got this week was from sitting on the couch laughing at the tv.
I'm jealous. And I feel really stupid for not doing all those hikes while I was in Provo. Because let me tell you--there is no such thing as hiking around here...
Cute swimsuit. Where did you get it?
You are such a granola. Seriously.
I like clothes too much to be a granola. And showering.
Post a Comment