Monday, August 17, 2009

August!

Egads, August is halfway over! Seriously, where is the time going these days? I can't believe the summer's almost gone and Kurt and I have only done one local camping/hiking trip. *Sigh*

Anyhow, I have one goal this month:
Beef up my portfolio and apply for grad school by September 4th.

That's right... I'm taking the plunge and applying for various MFAs in Creative Writing*.
AH!!!!

Actually, I'm really excited but still nervous. I'm working on my portfolio right now--furiously writing and editing. Holy crap, seeing it written out like that makes me want to leave work for the day and dedicate an entire day to writing/editing! Unfortunately, I still have to live life (you know, cooking, cleaning, eating, working out), but to make things a bit easier on myself, I've decided to let go of the half marathon. Grad school's a smidge more important. So... wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lots of exclamations reflect my excitement/anxiety in this endeavor. Either that or I'm just on crack. You decide.)

**8/26 Edit: I'm applying to a few schools as well! I'll keep everyone posted as to what schools as soon as I narrow them down...**

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Good luck, chica! You'll do great with your writing. Oh, and even though you've foregone the 1/2 marathon right now, I still expect you to be my running (aka slow jogging) partner when you visit. I love ya!

Carissa said...

ooh good luck!! you'll be amazing!

ps: if you have to visit BC for any reason, take Kurt with you... you will LOVE the hikes out there

Jayci said...

i think you need to be on crack! it would be easier than grad school! haha - I'm KIDDING... of course. :P i'm excited for you!! i really wish I could write more creatively - you're an inspiration!