Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I have a problem...

... I have too many interests!

This might not sound like a problem. But I can assure you, it is. Especially for someone who likes to pour too much in her glass.

Over the years I've been active in dance, snowboarding, musical theater, turbo kickboxing, decorating/crafts/DIY, cycling, running, hiking, Zumba, trail running, piano playing (and various other instruments), rock climbing, step aerobics, improv comedy, writing, baking, and weight lifting. (To name a few.)

The sun has set on some of those, like dance and improv comedy. It's taken years, and sometimes I still pine for those days, but I'm content to merely say that I did them and loved them, but I've moved on to other things.

I'm running the Bolder Boulder 10k again this year. Then, after I get back from my school residency in June, I plan to dive in cycling. I've loved going to Kurt's races and I want to tackle some myself. I'll still keep with the turbo kickboxing because I'm addicted. And then I want to swim once a week because it's so good for my asthma/cardiovascular health. Oh, and weight lifting, my first fitness love. Always weight lifting. And I hope that Kurt and I will do some rock climbing and hiking this summer. And mountain biking.

See what I mean by taking on too much?

And of course I'll write. I can't not write. And remember how one of my 2011 goals was to become a better piano player? Well, the Lord blessed me with an opportunity to achieve that goal: Relief Society pianist. (My most dreaded calling of all time!)

And of course, I'll bake the occasional cake, pie, or batch of cookies. It's a stress relief for me. And continue to make my house more cozy and (hopefully) beautiful. I want to try my hand at building some furniture.

But my greatest energies will be in writing (slash school work), piano playing, and fitness via cycling, weight lifting, swimming, and turbo kickboxing.

It sounds weird, but writing this all out makes me feel relaxed and happy.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

The Starter House said...

WE ARE FRIENDS.

Lindsay said...

Exactly what I'm going through right now....good to know I'm not alone!

Carissa said...

I feel you! I have the same problem! but it makes life WAY more fun!!

Anonymous said...

Aye, lassie, ye are too busy to ever not be!