Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Fun Continued...

Back to our 4th of July weekend extravaganza with Collin.

After Moab, we headed up to Zion National Park! This is my favorite national park. I just love it! We introduced Collin to Angel's Landing.


Collin says, "I'm hiking up to there??"

Picture in our favorite cave from last year.


Don't look down! (That's a condor, by the way.)



We made it!


And we took lots of pics of Collin!




Whenever we've driven down I-15 and we've passed the sign for Kolob Canyons I always tell Kurt that I want to do that scenic drive! So we finally did and it was gorgeous! Really cool finger canyons!
Next we journeyed to Provo to repeat our 4th of July camping trip on the backside on Y Mountain complete with firework watching from the top! It's funny, because when we were trying to decide what to do with Collin, I suggested doing this hike again. Then Kurt called Alex, who asked if we wanted to do it with him and Allison. How funny is that! So Alex and Allison were our 4th of July buddies this year, along with 2 of their friends from their ward.


Kurt was Alex's bladder. It's complicated.

It was SO hot!


Alex was being punished by carrying a 15 pound dutch oven the whole hike. It's complicated.



Coco came! It's not complicated. She came along with us. The end.


What do you do when the dishwasher doesn't work?

Kick her and tell her to get back to work!

2 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Hi Love. You look amazing... as usual, I wish my body was half as hot as yours!

Jayci said...

HA HA!!! that joke at the very end.. nice punchline. or.. kickline. CUTE pup. that hike looks like so much fun. After having this baby a few days ago I have LOVED seeing my arm muscles again. HAHA!! I'm so excited to get outside and work it again!! woowoo!