Monday, August 31, 2009

Grad Schools!

So, I was originally planning on applying to the University of British Columbia's optional residency MFA in Creative Writing program. I thought it was my only hope. Then I googled and found 30 other low residency MFA programs! I narrowed it down to 22, then 9, then 5. I'm not even applying to the U of British Columbia anymore because it's super expensive. The schools I'm applying to are:
Converse College in Spartanburg, SC deadline Oct. 1
Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA deadline Nov. 30
Queens University in Charlotte, NC deadline Oct. 15
Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire deadline Dec. 20
Whidbey Island Writers Association on Whidbey Island, WA deadline Oct. 1

I feel like a kid on Christmas day; I'm so excited! These dates are spread out so I won't have to kill myself, which is nice. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Michelle C said...

Fun and good for you. Good luck. We're looking forward to seeing you next week.

Jayci said...

good luck!! how exciting! :D