Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mom Came to Play!

My mom stopped for about a day in Denver on her way back to Charleston from Utah. Even though it was a short trip, we made use of the time given to us! It was so fun having my mom come see our (very) humble home and she gave us tons of great ideas! In the morning we took her to our favorite breakfast spot, the Cozy Cottage. She declared their cinnamon streusel pancakes the best she's ever had. After that, we hit up Sonic (of course) and headed to the mountains to do the Mt. Evans drive. There is a road that goes almost to the top of Mt. Evans, one of our 54 14ers in the state. It stops about a hundred feet from the top, which you then scale via a very easy trail. My mom and I finally got to the top of a 14er! Woohoo! And, while it wasn't that hard, we were all feeling the elevation!

It was really cold (43 degrees!!) and very windy, so I wrapped our car blanket around my body and head. I look like a muslim in this pic because the wind was blowing my hair all over the place!

I think I'm on crack. But I'm not sure. Strange...

Even Kurt, who is always hot, was a little chilly!

Ew, the blanket made my hair gross. And my eyes are closed. Sweet.

After Mt. Evans, we snagged some yummy lunch at Ya Hala mediterranean restaurant. Then we dropped Kurt off at home for a nap while my mom and I went house shopping. And I found ca-yute wicker chairs at Pier 1 for $75 when they were originally $300! (I went back the next day and bought them, getting an extra 15% of each because I opened a Pier 1 card. Score!!) Then we trekked back to the apartment, played some nertz, then headed to the $3.50 movie theater to watch Up. Thank you Mom for visiting with us! I miss you already!!!

1 comment:

Jayci said...

sounds like an awesome day!! nice chair find. :o)