Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kitchen Wars: And then, we waited...

Kurt made a little bit of progress through the middle of July. Mostly just tearing out insulation. At the end of July, we hit a road block that lasted through the middle of September: Fall Busy Season. Kurt used to work in public accounting doing taxes, and many corporations and individuals file for extensions on their taxes, pushing their deadlines back to September 15th (or October 15th for individuals). None of that is remotely interesting, except for the fact that it halted progress on our kitchen! After that, it was kind of out of mind. Plus, Kurt was still fairly busy with work. Still, by the time we left for Christmas, he had re-routed all of the light switches and outlets in the wall.
We were in Utah for a week for Christmas, then I went to my residency for my grad program on the east coast. While I was there, I got an email from Kurt with the subject line, "Well, there goes the wall." When I took a gander at the attached photos, I couldn't believe me eyes!

(Look James, not only did you make the blog again, but in a picture this time!)


I was geeking out! I showed everyone: my friend Lindsay who was sitting next to me when I got the email, all of my siblings and my parents (forwarded the emails to them), and maybe a few classmates as well.
When I got home a week later, Kurt led me through our front door and over to the kitchen with my eyes covered. When he removed his hands, I geeked out some more. It looked so amazing! 


Now the kitchen reno felt so much more real and I was so excited about it again!

(Date: July 2010 - January 2011)

No comments: