Friday, June 24, 2011

Kitchen Wars: Starting All Over

I know I've posted about the kitchen before, buuut ... we're starting from the beginning.
Here are some before pictures! The first shot is from the MLS listing. That's truly what the kitchen looked like when we moved in. Okay, but not great. And definitely NOT Yours Truly's style. We closed on a Monday and moved in the following Saturday, so that week was filled with painting, painting, painting. And I didn't think to take my own before shots until we'd started painting. As you can see, we (read: I) wanted a green kitchen. This was our first time painting, so we didn't know the tricks (tape swatches to the walls, narrow down from there, then use paint samples to further narrow down), so while the color green we had wasn't quite what I'd imagined, we just went with it. Because we'd already bought a gallon (which we definitely didn't need for those two small walls) of paint and we didn't feel like repainting. And even though our friend James likes to tease me because "the last time we had creative differences, we ended up with a lime green kitchen," I absolutely loved the color. It just took about a week for me to get there. The first pictures makes the kitchen look WAY wider than it was. To walk past Kurt in the kitchen, both of us had to flatten ourselves against the cabinets while I scooched by. Tight fit, to say the last! The window over the sink looked into the huge-among-us laundry room, which we expanded into. Why have a large laundry room when  your kitchen is tiny? That don't make no sense to me.











(Date: June 2009)

No comments: