Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kitchen Wars: The First Step

The first step we took to make the kitchen more "us" was to paint the walls a bright, happy green. I was going more for grass green and ended up with apple green. And I love it! Then we took down the pot rack (which was greasy and nasty) and put up nice, clean shelves instead, for the purpose of holding plates, etc. Nothing special, cuz we knew they weren't a permanent solution. We just found the cheapest, but sturdy, option. The brackets were even white but I painted them to go with my black, white, and green motif. And then we replaced that nasty, boring round light fixture with chrome track lighting. But believe me, sooo much better.



(Date: June-August 2009)

1 comment:

The Starter House said...

love the new header. best.photographer.ever. just kidding. i love home projects. wish i could do more here, but we are leaving soon. so. no. point. i suppose.
love you! thanks for making me feel cool.