Well, I'm back in high and dry Colorado. My sinuses and skin are not very happy, but it was so good to see Kurt's face on Tuesday night. He picked me up at 11:40 pm with a Sonic drink, rose, and card. :) I had an awesome time in South Carolina--at school and with my parents. School was a jam-packed 9 days spent in workshops, lectures, and readings. I'm once again excited about my YA fiction book (it's my thesis) and feeling motivated and revved up for my LAST semester! And the best part of school was staying with my friend Lindsay, who is seriously the best in the whole world. We got to spend so much time together, driving to and from campus, getting lunch, running to Sonic, and on the last night dancing (even the fiction boys and some of our professors danced). I love that girl!
Usually I tack on my extra time with my parents before school, but this time it worked out better to do it after school. Which I actually like better, because I had four days to relax and recover from the manic pace at school. My little brother, Collin, is the only kid at home and he was typically either gone with his girlfriend or on Monday morning he left for high adventure with his young mens program. So it was often just me and my parents, which was really fun. I got to be "just a daughter" as my mom put it, and I enjoyed it. I had the opportunity to see my grandma and some aunts, uncles, and cousins. And lots of Southern cooking! Grandma had a fish fry on Saturday night with fried flounder, hush puppies, grits, and cole slaw. Mom and I on Monday and Tuesday experimented with lemon cookie recipes for Caroline's Charleston wedding reception. The winning recipe was almost completely devoured by us (I think my dad got two, maybe three cookies). I had such a fantastic time back in my home state!!
Title of post via Metric.





1 comment:
OH, it was so good having you here! I'm happy to have more time with Chris, but I find myself so sad that our "kristina room" is empty :( Miss you, but so happy to have found such a wonderful, life-long, ya fiction-loving friend, haha!
Post a Comment