Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kitchen Wars: A Missed Opportunity

The next step was tearing out the carpet so we could get everything ready to lay the new flooring (or so we thought ... more on that later). Kurt was still working at this point, not busy or anything, but usually getting home around 7 pm as usual. So, over the next few weeks we ripped out the baseboards, carpet, padding, and tack strips. Then we discovered that the sub floor in the annex had a small ramp leading to the doorway in the kitchen. You see, we theorize that the annex was once a patio that got closed in. One big clue was the insulation we found in the wall between the kitchen and the laundry room. (Note: I use annex and laundry room interchangeably to denote the same space. In case you're all confused and what not.) Well, that ramp would certainly not do! So Kurt chiseled it out, making a big ol' hole in the subfloor. Then he patched it up.


The next day I realized we missed a great opportunity: we should've put our dogs' paw prints in the cement. How fun would that have been? Seriously, more fun than a barrel of tacks. 


Somehow, I don't think Ruby (left) or Swift (right) would've enjoyed it as much as I would have.


(Date: January 20th, 2011)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clearly, shibas are burrowing dogs.