May went by too fast! I can't believe it's June already! How well did I do on my goals last month? Hmm ... let's see ...
1) Write every day. My friend Lindsay is doing that right now and she said she's made huge improvements on her book and writing. I really need to do that too. Especially since my thesis (aka book) is due at the end of the year and it's nowhere near done (in completeness or quality). And I really want to get my YA fantasy completely edited through a second draft by the end of summer. So I plan on writing at least an hour every day, and thoroughly editing one chapter of the YA fantasy a week. I started yesterday and while I didn't get much actually written, I did spend a lot of time staring at the computer and wondering why I'm such an awful writer (it was one of those days). Hopefully today will yield better results! I have to deem this a fail. Some of it was beyond my control--like the fact that Kurt needed the computer a lot for his calling (and we only had one)--and some of it was in my control but due to the fact that I let the ubiquitous writer's discouragement affect me.
2) Thoroughly clean the house by the end of the month. Stuff like cleaning the oven, washing the windows and blinds, dusting weird places like the bathroom vent and ceiling fans. Those sorts of things. Because the house is a disaster. Don't look at me! It's not ... oh yeah, it is my fault. ;) Success! I didn't clean the windows, but I wiped off most of the blinds, cleaned the oven, and dusted the bathroom vent. Oops, forgot the ceiling fans, but whatev. I still count this as a success!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go, Kristina! I definitely need to deep clean our house...I don't think that's happened other than the usual cleaning, since we moved in!!!!!!!! And it's sooo hard to write everyday...I've got to get back to it. Not been doing so well :(
Post a Comment